Ed Leafe wrote:

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:11 AM, GĂ©rard Lochon wrote:

But Zidane's fault was that anyone can't just make justice by himself, even if ...

Not just that, but for not recognizing the moment and what it would mean to take his anger out then. Part of the game, and most sports, is "getting into your opponent's head", and Materazzi apparently succeeded in making Zidane focus on him and not the match at hand.

Very true, Ed. That happens in my ice hockey games many times...(and usually I'm the one getting into the other guy's head. <g>)