Stephen Russell said "I beg to differ.  Each time you submit a query
statement the server must
create an execution plan for it. "

We've had this discussion before:
according to my SQL Server book this is not true for v2000 and later -
execution plans are cached and if a subsequent query differs only in the
values in the where clause (~ 'parameters') the plan is re-used.

Foxpro's sqlprepare() may also be relevant, but I don't know how it is
handled by the bach-end.

Andrew Davies  MBCS CITP
  - AndyD        8-)#
PC Development Officer
Housing IT
Housing Services
Manchester City Council
@Hawthorn Cottage
( Office     +44 161 234 5330
( Internal   [814] 5330
( Mobile 0775 938 5155 (when all else fails)
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* home [EMAIL PROTECTED]

you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] with any queries.