To: <profox@leafe.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [NF] Open Source Rookie + Database Servers

On 9/5/06, Vassilis Aggelakos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My *valuable* database is an open book if a user of mine (just because he is the pc owner and has admin rights) modifies the source code of the server.
My ExtraLongAndDifficult password is useless.

Now we are getting to the heart of the matter: is it that you have
valuable DATA you wish to protect, Vassilis?

If this is the case, it's not the open- or closed-sourcedness of the
database engine that's your problem. The issue is that you have a
database running outside of your control. As an admin of anything
installed on my machines, I can change the administrative passwords
and read all data in a database.

Unless the data itself is encrypted.

Is this your situation?

--