On 10/5/06, Alan Bourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

*Potential* criminals. I suppose it's the same argument that they use
about security cameras on town main streets like they have in the UK,
i.e. if you're not breaking the law when you leave the pub then you have
nothing to be concerned about.

That begs a discussion of privacy, but [OT], please.

The 'it getting confused' scenario is the worrying part for me. It has
to be infallible. Not likely IMO.

"Infallible software?" There's an oxymoron, eh?

The rest is just another step down the 'software/content as rented
service' path that everything seems to be going down.

It's a choice the customer makes, and will have to live with.

I sort of see WGA as the logical culmination of the closed-source model,

I think it's good to see it get to that point. I hope the people will
really question the value of what they are getting for the cost.

Unfortunately there are still a lot of people whose requirements aren't
met by non-Windows platforms though.

But there are millions and millions whose requirements are. And I
can't see their ranks do anything but grow over time.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC