Stephen Russell wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Pete Theisen <petethei...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Surely you must know the issue is much, much bigger than a simple
>> preference of this degenerate 1 or 2 percent of the people. It involves
>> the redefining of a most sacred concept, which we have no right to do
>> for future generations.

> It is a deflection for the election, nothing more.  Get everyone
> yelling at one another about stupid stuff and the real pain of today
> is forgotten.  We could be yelling abut how pathetic job growth has
> been.  Instead we are yelling about adding a check line to the 1040
> Filing Status Couple of Queers.
>
> This becomes a tax break for gay people who live together who cannot
> file Married Joint Return.
>
> Next it becomes a huge headache for medical systems on their
> definition of who can visit a patient as well as make decisions about
> that person.
>
> Last point is if God didn't like gays Jesus would have spoken against it.

Of course you edited my "Civil Partnership" remark. I don't recall there
being any push to redefine whatever term they were using for "marriage"
back in Jesus' days. Back then the 1 - 2% were content to privately
sodomize and infect each other without public endorsement.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/