Subject: Re: VFP searching a web form
From: M Jarvis <brewda...@gmail.com>
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Date: 11/16/2012 12:25 PM

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Mike Copeland <m...@ggisoft.com> wrote:

So, instead of trying to search in the content, copy the content to a memvar
and then search that? Not a bad idea...

It may cause a bit of a performance hit as the HTML file being searched is
around 5MB, but I'll give that a try.

Actually I'm kinda surprised you weren't doing it that way all along...

Suck the HTML into a memvar, check for the existence of your search
term in the string, if it's in there, THEN do your processing. No
sense ratcheting through it if what you're looking for ain't even
there...

I used to work at a place that was all proud of this search utility
they wrote that would go through line by line of their SCX's, PJT's,
etc etc etc looking for a string... took something like 20 minutes...

I got bored one day and rewrote it so it just sucked each file in its'
entirety into a memvar, checked it, then went through line by line if
it was found... mine ran in about 15 seconds when there weren't any
hits, vs 20 otherwise...