I enjoy uninstalling XPS on new systems. It gives me a warm glow...along with deleting Silverlight.

Mike

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [NF] Microsoft XPS = Microsoft Bob? (was Re: [NF] oddball PDF file print/size issue) From: MB Software Solutions, LLC <mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com>
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Date: 12/13/2012 2:08 PM
On 12/13/2012 2:56 PM, Mike Copeland wrote:
PDF is, by default and by definition, compressed. You can adjust the
degree of compression on embedded graphics, but the adjustments on
compressed binary data (font definitions) is never going to gain much.

PDF, raw, is Postscript with some pretty good vitamins, then compressed
into a self-contained package file.

I know Microsoft was going after Adobe PDF years ago and I'm guessing that's what the Microsoft XPS Writer is, but I don't think that ever really took off? Would this be considered another Microsoft Bob????