You wrote that you were going to re-cook your framework one more time to
knock off the rust in the areas that needed a tweaking so you could then
port it to the new language.

I would just say that the amount of time you focus on VFP tweaks will not
pan out across other languages.  I would only focus on putting that
framework together to take advantage of whatever language you choose and
not be a knock off of VFP.

the things you take for granted with VFP in processing don't work the same
in other languages.  Some things that you thought were the bomb in VFP are
only fair in others and yes things that are a PITA to code against are easy
in others.

YMMV.  :)

Yes, I know. But certain programming constructs and patterns are applicable across languages. And I am way beyond the typical VFP intermixed GUI/biz/data RAD style of programming. My data classes, for example, already wrap a bunch of idiosyncratic VFP stuff in more generic-style methods. And I've coded my own system for detecting and resolving update conflicts that has nothing to do with VFP buffering. When I designed the framework I already had in mind moving to other back ends.

In addition to removing errors and inefficient mistakes, this process will include refactoring to reorganize things in a more logical and flexible way, in order to take advantage of what I've learned about programming in general over the years.

I think the result will generalize well, and will not lead me into the path of error when I start porting it over.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org