At 06:45 2013-08-25, Lew Schwartz <lew1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think that will work all the time. A cursor may be a sql filtered,
behind the scenes view of a dbf. If you append from the actual dbf, you'll
lose the filter. The problem is mixing the legacy dml with sql; they don't
think of data in exactly the same way.

Thank you for the warning, but it is not applicable in my case as I created the cursor with create cursor.

I believe, but don't have time to verify or remember, that a pure sql
statement will work. Something like:

insert into targettable (field list);
    select (sourcefield list) from sourcecursor

Yes, it will work, but unfortunately, the two lists have to match. Using append, you do not even need a list.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko