I don't know if anyone else has noticed. While win 8.1 was fast to start
with it has slowed down in many things. Like explorer filling, something I
have never seen before in windows. Outlook (2007) has gone to snail pace to
reload IMAP folders. Firefox takes an age to load. I suppose it must be time
for a new windows version as I am sure Microsoft slow down windows to make
people buy the new fast version. Fast my foot.
So my answer is not just VFP9. It seems that Microsoft makes windows slower
to stamp out the benefits of faster machines.
Al