John R. Sowden wrote:
FP/DOS lives for a few more years,

I found a use for FPDOS for a part of my app written in VFP9. I have certain places where it is useful to be able to view and invoice/delivery note whilst doing something else. If you create a text only version of the invoice and put in a memo it is very quick and easy to bring it up in a window without having to load an external viewer or a preview window. I created the report layout in FPDOS and you can then run it TO FILE <atextfile.txt> then append memo to save it. As long as you don't edit the layout with FPwindows or VFP it will only have DOS records in so produces a nice clean text file. This is not the version that is printed, just a quick view version.

The memos are not that big either. Just checked and 52000 memos gives an FPT size of only 88mb.

Peter