>  The question I need answered is how to prevent that compatibility dialog
> from appearing in the first place. I first wanted to know if others on the
> list are seeing the same dialog appear with their VFP executables.
>
>  Thank you,
>  Tracy

All,

I found the answer for preventing the compatibility dialog from appearing on
VFP 9 executables.

The manifest built in to the EXE needs to be updated to include this section:
          <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
            <security>
              <requestedPrivileges xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
                <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker"
                                         uiAccess="false" />
              </requestedPrivileges>
            </security>
          </trustInfo>

I came to the conclusion after reading this blog post
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/05/17/2705372.aspx
and testing the level set to "asInvoker".

Calvin Hsia has information on updating the manifest:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/calvin_hsia/archive/2007/04/13/add-a-manifest-to-control-your-application-vista-uac-behavior.aspx

As well as Craig Boyd:
http://www.sweetpotatosoftware.com/spsblog/2007/09/25/PEFilesUACRegFreeCOMAndOtherCrazyStuffPart2.aspx

However, if you are building your EXE's with VFP 9 SP 2, you only need to have
the manifest file in the directory named correctly as described by Rick Strahl
http://www.west-wind.com/wconnect/weblog/ShowEntry.blog?id=890

I don't build my EXE with VFP 9 SP 2, so I don't get the <trustInfo> section in
the built in manifest.

I hope this helps others.

Tracy Pearson
PowerChurch Software