On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 8:29 PM, Ken Dibble <krdib...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> And below is how my email client rendered your response. :)

Makes your point perfectly.

You can of course view the post in all its glory in the Leafe archives:

http://leafe.com/archives/msg/500627

> Yes, I understand the need for double-byte encodings to handle alphabets
> other than that used in the USA.

Yep. Or need to abbreviate Fahrenheit or use specialized symbols.

> But you know, sometimes I wish we were all in the airline industry. In the
> airline industry, all the pilots and controllers are required to speak
> English to conduct business, no matter what city they're in, no matter what
> their native language is. And they do it.

Agreeing on a common set of symbols would certainly be a good start.

> I picked the wrong business to get involved in. I don't like change. I am a
> living example of one of Alvin Toffler's enclave-inhabiting people, seeking
> a slower, isolated setting in which to take shelter from rapid change.

Totally sympathize with you. There are so few professions where change
is not a factor, but fewer that have rates of change as fast as ours.

> I tell you what: I really need a vacation. I am taking one in August. That
> is not soon enough.

Hang in there.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC