Have you checked out this page?
There's an additional link at the top of that page under "Purpose" to troubleshoot printing problems.

Mike Copeland

Charles Hart Enzer, M.D. wrote:
Dear Dave:

Can you suggest a next step for my VMWare Player not finding host printers?

After upgrading to WIN10, my guest OS on VMWare Player can't see host

On the Host, I have enabled sharing for the printers.

What is my next step?

VMware Player Workstation 12 Version 12.5.0

Host OS
WIN 10 Home

Guest OS
XP Pro