There's nothing specifically stopping VFP6 working in Windows 10 as far
as I know. Definitely no 'kill switch'. It sounds more
permission-related. There may be something intrinsic in Codemine but I
doubt it has anything blocking a specific OS either. Try running VFP6 as
administrator.

MDAC won't install on anything later than Server 2003\XP I think.

Personally I would spin up a VM with Windows XP in it and develop on
that for VFP6.

--
  Alan Bourke
  alanpbourke (at) fastmail (dot) fm