John Weller wrote:
I have been asked to give a talk to a local pensioner's organisation on
internet security.  One of the points I will make is that you need a good
anti-virus.  I have used M$ Security Essentials and now Windows Defender on
Win 10 for some years without any problems, largely as a result of
recommendations here.  In a recent magazine article in UK they were saying
that Defender is not very good only picking up 75% of viruses in a test.
They were advocating Kaspersky; the fact that they were offering it at a
discount but were undoubtedly getting a cut may have influenced their
decision.  What anti-virus are you using?  Do you still recommend Defender?
Any thoughts or comments?  I will be recommending one to the pensioners so
will be going for one of the free ones.

Thanks
John

Defender +1

Rather than expect an anti-virus Swiss-Army knife to provide total safety, I use several different vectors of protection.
1. Defender (and keep it up to date)
2. OpenDNS for DNS resolution
3. CryptoPrevent for Crypto-hijack thwarting
4. A constant, some would say annoying, reminder to all those I support to never open email attachments that they weren't already expecting to receive.

Mike Copeland