Hey Paul,
That's cool and exactly part of my point earlier.

 José Olavo Cerávolohttp://www.ceravoloconsulting.com/

     Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:42:35 +1000
From: Paul Hemans <paul_hem...@laberg.com.au>
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: {NF} Time to hang up my boots?

So what is the point of new technology if it doesn't change the user
experience or enhance the software at all. I thought I would demonstrate
what carefully positioned tech can do for a VFP application.
Here is an example that could not be implemented in VFP, but that is
running against a VFP database. It requires no installation on the client.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0xyeD3FGQUMNjVNTFI5QkFPa1k

I think the web interface is vastly underrated. It may not be as pretty,
but there are connections that you can make with devices and resources that
make it much more efficient in the work place.

Here is an example of controlling a Foxpro application through a web
interface using your voice
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0cF1aWFSwM5VFMyLWF2cHdWVnM

So as an example of an interconnected world. This is a VFP application,
generating web interfaces. With that platform  (and a little magic dust) we
can get values from electronic devices and local databases, without the
interface requiring any custom code at all. All done with Javascript.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xyeD3FGQUMbzJtaFptaVFoTzg/view

Personally I am not interested in rewriting applications for the sake of
new technology. The beauty of the Fox is that it can be enhanced. I have
been working with it for somewhere around 20 years now. I have only just
lately seen the beginnings of something to challenge it, but it is still
early days.

If you are interested in expanding the capabilities of your application,
without requiring a rewrite, I am available for contract work.

Cheers.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---