From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Ted Roche
Sent: 12 September 2017 14:00
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Janis Booth, RIP

I'm sad to pass on news that Janis Booth has passed away. Janis may be more
familiar to you as "Jim" during her active FoxPro career. She was 66.

Janis was a 2013 winner of the FoxPro Lifetime Achievement Award [1], a
Microsoft MVP 1993-2003, a key member of the 1994 Microsoft MVP Steering
Committee, author of Hentzenwerke's "Effective Techniques"
with Steve Sawyer, updated by dFPUG for VFP 9[2], co-author of "Visual FoxPro
Unleashed" from Sams, a frequent magazine contributor, including the premiere
issue of FoxPro Advisor, and a speaker at conferences in North America and
Europe. [3]

Where ever Janis was at a conference, there was likely to be a party.
A LOUD party.  And scotch. Tom Rettig taught her appreciation of good
single-malt. I will raise a glass of Macallen tonight, hoping that Tom and
Janis are, too.

In later years, Janis was an activist with various community outreach
organizations, advocating for the fair treatment of LGBT people.

Janis was my friend for many years, and I will miss her.

[1] http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~FoxProCommunityLifetimeAchievementAward
[2] http://shop.dfpug.de/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=904
[3] http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/booth_jim.htm