On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Paul H. Tarver <p...@tpcqpc.com> wrote:
> If you had an opportunity to teach a novice who is interested in learning
> programming in general and specifically with Visual Foxpro who has limited
> previous programming knowledge and experience, where would you start and are
> there some preferred VFP training materials/books/videos that are
> recommended.

As everyone else has indicated, the best learning tool would be a time
machine. At our Museum of dusty books, we've got nearly every book
written since 3.0 (we had to toss the early ones), but Cathy
Pountney's Report book is the most dog-eared. Hackfox, as a CHM, is a
daily tool, but it requires you to know what it is you want to look
up, so it's more of a reference than a tutorial.

The Fundamentals were one of the few books with the premise of
teaching novices, so that one, surely. All the books are worthwhile,
depending on what you're doing, but too much to take on at once.

VFP documentation has Solution Samples and Foundation Classes worth
learning from.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC