As a .NET developer, I find this necessary for VFP to consume some of my
functionality.

   - Call overloaded methods with their orignal names (no COM renaming)

I overload methods all the time adding that newer functionality with the
inclusion of a specific parameter set .in the call.  This could open up use
of existing dlls going forward.