John,

I had a play around with the early GAT-1 simulator but never got to try out the
GAT-2 and subsequent models.. <sigh>

For their day they were extremely advanced.

News dated 1988:
"TORONTO, July 8— The Singer Company agreed today to sell its Link flight
simulation and training systems division to CAE Industries of Canada for $550
million.
The sale is part of the breakup of Singer. The Stamford, Conn., military
contractor was acquired in January by the Florida financier Paul Bilzerian, who
has since said that all of Singer's divisions are up for sale.
Also today, Singer agreed to sell its education division for $20 million.
On Tuesday, Singer said it would sell its power tools and floor-care equipment
division to Ryobi Ltd. of Japan for about $325 million.
CAE, a Toronto-based manufacturer of commercial flight simulators and other
industrial products, said it had reached a definitive agreement with Singer to
buy the Link division. It said it would finance the cost of the acquisition
internally and through bank borrowings.
Singer's Link division, based in Binghamton, N.Y., employs 7,500 and posted
revenues of $550 million in 1987.
Analysts said the purchase would more than double CAE's size and would create a
leading producer of flight simulators.
''I think it will be the world's leader in commercial and military flight
simulation,'' said Mark Lawrence, a technology analyst for Prudential-Bache
Securities Canada Ltd.
Separately, Integrated Resources Inc. announced today that it would purchase
Singer's education division for $20 million. The division, known as Career
Systems Development, is an operator of vocational training centers.
The sales of these divisions will help Mr. Bilzerian pay off debt he
accumulated during his $1.06 billion takeover of Singer, which came after a
long battle with management."

Dave Crozier
Software Development Manager
Flexipol Packaging Ltd.

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and may
be protected in law. If you have received this e-mail in error you must not
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Unauthorised use,
copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email.

Flexipol Packaging Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise the
risk of virus transmission through email and therefore any files sent via
e-mail will have been checked for known viruses. However, you are advised to
run your own virus check before opening any
attachments received as Flexipol Packaging Ltd will not in any event accept any
liability whatsoever once an e-mail and/or any attachment is received.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they have adequate
virus protection.

Flexipol Packaging Ltd.
Unit 14 Bentwood Road
Carrs
Industrial Estate
Haslingden
Rossendale
Lancashire
BB4 5HH

Tel:01706-222792
Fax: 01706-224683
www.Flexipol.co.uk

Terms & Conditions:

Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the goods, the property in
the goods shall not pass to the buyer until the seller
Flexipol Packaging Ltd. ("The Company") has received in cash or cleared funds
payment in full of the price of the goods and all other goods agreed to be sold
by the seller to the buyer for which payment is then due. Until such time as
the property in the goods passes to the buyer, the buyer shall hold the goods
as the seller's fiduciary agent and bailee and keep the goods separate from
those of the buyer and third parties and properly stored protected and insured
and identified as the seller's property but shall be entitled to resell or use
the goods in the ordinary course of its business. Until such time as the
property in the goods passes to the buyer the seller shall be entitled at any
time