Another alternative:

ensure each control and form has a property that can be used to store a security ID

set up a table of secured items that consists of the security ID and a description.

set up a table of users.

set up a table of security access which has the security id and the user id and their level of access (I normally use None, Read Only or Full).

then code in an appropriate place (form's load, object's refresh, maybe) to check for the currently logged in user's access level for any object with a security ID.

You could also add in groups and exceptions to this.

Frank.

Frank Cazabon