"Knight in a shiny armor" (US) coming to rescue Iraqs from oppression...
This is utterly ridiculous. Hard to believe an "adult" believe in such silly
terms.

Probably Bob Calco believes Francisco Pizarro was just trying to bring
civilization and christianity to savages... LOL

On 11/27/06, Bill Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Therein was, and is, the appeal of what we've done: To give others
> > that right. Certainly, average Iraqis and Afghanis had no such power
> > before either invasion; now, despite the upheaval, they do.
>
> > You seem all-too-comfortable with the idea that tyranny is OK as long
> as it's
> > somewhere else, and we just mind our own business.
>
> > Don't get me wrong: I strongly share that sentiment on a certain
> > level. Frankly, it's up to people to liberate themselves from
> > whatever shackles they endure, whether they be imposed from without
> > (tyranny) or from within (guilt over sin, self-loathing). The
> > struggle for freedom on every level is more "real" and the results
> > more appreciated when you do it yourself than when a Knight In
> > Shining Armor does all the grunt work for you.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---