Thinking of cord-cutting the landline. My office phone is running close to
$70 a month, as long as I don't use any "long distance" and the office is
just me now, and there are rarely more than two hours of phone a month. For
$850 a year, I'm thinking a good quality smartphone would be just as
practical, without the need for voice mail at the base station, etc.

I'm looking for a really good quality headset (earpieces & microphone) to
use with a cell phone to replace my current landline cordless phone and
headsets. I have some hearing loss, so high quality is really important.
And I'm talking to clients,  we're spelling out customer names and part
numbers so both sides need to have pin-drop quality sound. Sounding like
you're at the far end of a cardboard tube is not acceptable.

Current smartphone is a Android Nexus 6P with 35mm audio jack and a USB-3
connector and Bluetooth. I've tried Bluetooth and that was an exercise in
frustration, but perhaps they've gotten better.

This is a business purchase, not a frugal home purchase, so if you're
really convinced the $129.99 Plantronics Bluetooth is worth it, I'll give
it a shot.

Recommendations?

--
Ted Roche