Well it's happened again where I discover a blog post I made that helps me
towards a current problem. Looking here:

http://saltydogllc.com/on-vfp-and-mysql-connectionstrings/

Here are the options (at the time, I doubt they've changed):
2 = Return matched rows instead of affected rows
8 = Allow big result sets
16 = Don’t prompt when connecting
32 = Enable dynamic cursors
64 = Ignore schema in column specifications
128 = Disable driver-provided cursor support
256 = Don’t use setlocale()
512 = Pad CHAR to full length with space
1024 = Include table name in SQLDescribeCol()
2048 = Use compression
4096 = Ignore space after function names
8192 = Force use of named pipes
16384 = Treat BIGINT columns as INT columns
32768 = Disable catalog support
65536 = Read options from my.cnf
131072 = Enable safe options (see documentation)
262144 = Disable transaction support
524288 = Log queries to myodbc.sql
1048576 = Don’t cache results of forward-only cursors
2097152 = Force use of forward-only cursors
4194304 = Enable automatic reconnect
8388608 = Enable SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL
67108864 = Allow multiple statements
134217728 = Limit column size to signed 32-bit range
268435456 = Always handle binary function results as character data

Your value of 67174427 means:
67108864 = Allow multiple statements +
65536 = Read options from my.cnf +
16 = Don’t prompt when connecting +
8 = Allow big result sets +
2 = Return matched rows instead of affected rows +
1 (I don't know what this means)

Not sure what's in your *my.cnf* that might affect the results. Maybe throw
a 512 or 64 in there to see what happens?

Eric