Agreed, but at least if there is some code out there for the logging
portion, you wouldn't have to do much on that side.

Paul H. Tarver

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of MB
Software Solutions, LLC
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 3:21 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: How best to do an audit trail of changes (EASILY WITHOUT THE
NEED FOR A DBA)

Even if somebody's built it for MySQL, I'd still have to code my VFP app
to query that History table to show the changes made by who and when.

On 4/22/2019 4:05 PM, Paul H. Tarver wrote:
> I did a project many moons ago where we used the INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE
triggers in a Foxpro 6.0 DBC to track field level changes by users by date
and time. It was fairly successful other than making our data very dependent
upon maintaining a valid DBC. Later, we extended program by adding a
connection to a FirebirdSQL database which was then use by a Java-based web
front-end. In the case of Firebird, I found a tools called IBLogManager
which did the same thing at a SQL level using the same sorts of triggers.

> I wonder if someone hasn't already created a similar tool for MySQL that
you could take advantage of.

> Paul H. Tarver

Software Solutions, LLC
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 2:34 PM