It is numeric and I have to transform it to a char (fixed length) type and
do need to show the decimal point.
I use cast to change it to char(15) and then the replace function, which
did the job of removing the decimal point

select replace(cast sales as char(15),'.','') as sales from ......

thanks
Rafael