Thanks for the lead, Eric.  Got any sample source code to share?

On 8/6/2019 10:02 AM, Eric Selje wrote:
I use (and really like) QuickPDF (
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/).

Eric

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Frank Cazabon <frank.caza...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I've never merged or split PDFs with it but I've used it to fill in a
PDF form. Basically I create a script to run the pdftk command, store it
in a batch file and execute the batch file

      STRTOFILE(m.lcFDFFile, m.lcFolder + "source.fdf")

      m.lcCommand = [pdftk "] + m.lcBlankForm + [" fill_form "] +
m.lcFolder + [source.fdf" output "] + m.lcFilledForm +[" flatten drop_xfa]

      * store the command in a batch file due to the 240 character limit
for run commands
      m.lcBatchFile = m.lcFolder + "fillpdf.bat"
      STRTOFILE(m.lcCommand, m.lcBatchFile)

*!* maybe use shellexecute
      RUN "&lcBatchFile"

      IF FILE(m.lcFilledForm)
          m.lcFileName = JUSTFNAME(m.lcFilledForm)
          IF MESSAGEBOX('The file ' + m.lcFileName + CHR(13) + 'was
successfully created.' + CHR(13) +;
                  'Would you like to open it now?',36,'PDF Merge
Successful') = 6
              X8ShellExecute(m.lcFilledForm)
          ENDIF
      ELSE
          MESSAGEBOX("The system encountered a problem creating the
PDF.",64,"Problem Encountered")
      ENDIF

Frank.

Frank Cazabon