On 06/23/20 1:35 PM, MB Software Solutions, LLC wrote:
Just curious--given what you said, why wouldn't you just go to MariaDB right away then, skipping SQLite?

All of our shops have established MSSQL backends.  I don't have a business case for suddenly migrating them to MariaDB, and I have no desire to learn another database server.  Business-wise, If they're not paying me to learn it, I don't have the time anyway.

Personally-wise, I'm looking at SQLLite because it doesn't require a server at all, so can be packaged right along with small apps, and is inter-operable.   On my own dime, I'm learning Android programming, and SQLLite's ideal for that.  So my plan is to rewrite this decades-old simple VFP app to use SQLLite backend for learning, and get my hands wet before I start using it for Android.