On 05/04/21 3:53 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
Thanks for the insights,  wOOdy! I recall installing VFP into its own
directories in the distant past, but I haven't done any clean installs on
new Windows machines in a long time. This was another developer's machine,
and she shares her project with other remote developers and the project
files include paths of "c:\Program Files (x86)\" and so forth, so changing
them would be a pain in the... neck. But it's great info to know, and now I
have some new techniques to debug weird problems.

Wow, it sounds like the remote developers she works with are idiots.  I think she should grab them by their scrawny neck, and slam them against the wall saying "Adhere <BANG!> TO CURRENT PROGRAMMING PRACITICES <BANG!><BANG!><BANG!> OR I WILL END YOU! <BANG!>"

Just a suggestion.