I want to use an sql select statement as the row source for a combo box..

   -  When I set the row source type to 3-SQL and enter the row source as
   "select space distinct from map into cursor T1" attempting to run the form
   results in "Program error Unrecognized command verb"
   - If I set the row source type to 2-Alias and the row source to T1 and
   put the SQL select statement into the init method of the control the Combo
   box populates properly.

I would have expected that the system would be smart enough to run the SQl
statement before trying to use it's output.  Is there something else I need
to call perhaps in the form init method?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

multipart/alternative
  text/html