Many thanks - that should keep me busy for a couple of hours ...
Paul

________________________________
From: ProfoxTech <profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com> on behalf of Jürgen Wondzinski
<juer...@wondzinski.de>
Sent: Sunday, May 1, 2022 4:56:42 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com <profoxt...@leafe.com>
Subject: AW: VFP9 Tools~Options~Controls~ActiveX controls

A totally uninformed way to get rid of those entries:
a) In that VFP options listbox you get shown everything from the Registry hive
"Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" or
"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\", which also has a "CLSID" as
subnode.
b) Use that curly brackets UID from that CLSID-Subnode to search for the real
class data. Here you find a subnode "InprocServer32" which points you to the
real file (normally a dll or ocx).
c) Check if that's still available at that stored path. If not, delete all
trailing Keys (the entries on the left tree), which have the CLSID reference to
that UID.
d) if there's no entry for that CLSID UID, then you can also delete that first
finding.

e) always do a Registry backup first (yea, "Backups are for wimps" :) )
f) there are some tools ("Registry Cleaner") which can do those deletes
"automagically", but they mostly do also other stuff, thus be careful.

wOOdy