I have the following equation

Vb = Va*[(Ca/(1 + H/Ka) - H + Kw/H)/(Cb/(1 + Kw⁄ (H*Kb)) + H - Kw/H)]

Va, Ca, Ka, Cb, Kb and Kw are known or can be provided for any given "run" of the calculation.  Typical values might be

Va = 10, Ca = 0.1, Ka = 1.8E-5, Cb = 0.1, Kb = 0.63, Kw = 1.0E-14

The aim is to calculate H for various values of Vb and this requires "solving" for H. Various software packages do this in pretty much the same way but the terminology varies: Matlab uses "fsolve", Mathcad uses "find", Maple uses "solve" and Excel uses "GoalSeek".

I would like to try to find a way of doing this from VFP.  Perhaps there is already a .NET DLL that could be called from VFP?  Perhaps with a wrapper to act as a sort of mediator?  Failing that, would it be a major task to create something in .NET (perhaps using an existing package)?

I really don't know, just thinking aloud ...

Paul Newton