On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 at 14:14, Eric Selje <e...@saltydogllc.com> wrote:

> I was in Chicago for that massive Microsoft worldwide Windows 95 rollout.
> Man, they don't announce Windows releases like that anymore!

I got a free newspaper!

https://www.marketingweek.com/microsoft-funds-times-give-away/

By Marketing Week  25 Aug 1995
The Times will be given away free on Thursday (August 23) when for one
day only it will more than double its print run to 1.5 million thanks
to Microsoft, which is underwriting the estimated 300,000-plus cost.

--
Paul