Hi All,

I have 2 questions:

  1.  Base64
I want to insert base64 encrypted data (PDF/DOCX) into a HL7 message. My first
idea was to use STRconvert.
But during the first test I noticed the following problem.
The text
Polyfon zwitschernd aßen Mäxchens Vögel Rüben, Joghurt und Quark
should be in Base64.
UG9seWZvbiB6d2l0c2NoZXJuZCBhw59lbiBNw6R4Y2hlbnMgVsO2Z2VsIFLDvGJlbiwgSm9naHVydCB1bmQgUXVhcms=
But Foxpro ( strconv(lcText,13) ) returns
UG9seWZvbiB6d2l0c2NoZXJuZCBh32VuIE3keGNoZW5zIFb2Z2VsIFL8YmVuLCBKb2dodXJ0IHVuZCBRdWFyaw==

The problem seems to be in the letter "ß".
Without ß the encoding works.
I know I could also use e.g. Chilcat, but I would prefer to use internal Foxpro
functions.
Does anyone have an idea?

  1.  Excel Automation
I want to insert data into a formatted Excel sheet . At the moment I write the
data into the cells using OLE

....Cells(xy).value= xyz
This works but is very slow.
Is there a way to insert data from Foxpro e.g. into a Range object and save
time?

Thanks,

Dr. Jörg Arand

multipart/alternative