<<try throwing a sys(1104) in>>

This is why you are my hero, Alan! With just a casual reply, you gave me
information about a command I didn't know existed, and when I threw in a
sys(1104) my memory issue disappeared! After replacing my FLUSH command with
a sys(1104), I ran a new test and the memory usage never exceeded 50Mb
total! Plus while I expected some improvement in performance, I never
dreamed I could possibly achieve a 93% reduction in the time it takes to
import 250 million records over my initial tests. HOLY CRAP!

My process involves opening a table, opening two IDX files for that table,
importing text from a 3GB file, parsing the text into area code 3byte
character values and converting 7 digit text telephone number into an
integer value, posting 145,000 rows at time to my table which automatically
updates the IDX files, while summarizing a count of records in each area
code AND providing a progress bar update for the user.

AND on my first full test it completed the process in only 36.18 minutes
which is down from the 531.08 minutes it took when I started this
experiment. Un-freaking-believable!

Never bet against the Fox! Never doubt the power of ProFoxTech! And, never,
ever doubt Alan Bourke!!!

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

Paul H. Tarver
Tarver Program Consultants, Inc.