>>But what if they change their mind about adding that record?  How do I
>>prevent that blank record
from being added to the table if they click my IGNORE button?  I don't want my
table to have blank
records in it.<<

TABLEREVERT() will remove the added record. Buffering is for all changes to the
buffer including
newly added records.

One caveat, if you are using row level buffering (optimistic or pessimistic),
and the record pointer
is moved (either by the user via a grid, or programmatically) the record gets
implicitly updated.
This is out of your control if you are using row buffering. This is why most
VFP developers move to
table buffering most of the time.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.