=> Subject: Re: Bad Vista - the blog
=>
=> Ed Leafe wrote:
=> > On Dec 18, 2006, at 11:26 AM, David Crooks wrote:
=> >
=> >
=> >>>>> <http://badvista.fsf.org/>
=> >>>>>
=> >>>> I love that the website keeps asking me to install the MSXML
=> >>>> ActiveX control from Microsoft!
=> >>>>
=> >>>  Really? It didn't do that for me. What browser did you use?
=> >>>
=> >> IE7, of course! 8-)
=> >>
=> >
=> >    'Nuff said.
=> >
=> >
=>
=> LOL!  Similar experience to Ed...no issues and I use FireFox.
=>
=> Now why do you suppose IE7 would want you to download that
=> control for that website if non-IE folks can view it just
=> fine??!?!???
=>
=> Michael J. Babcock, MCP
=>

Maybe it's because the web page, testing for which browser you are using, is
setup to make trouble for you if you are using IE.

I am by no means a Microsoft sycophant but I thought this web site is a bit
overboard on Vista bashing.  I have no doubt that Vista will have enough
problems without having to resort to this kind of activity.

OTOH, maybe Microsoft is behind this web site and wants to make trouble for
itself so it can demonstrate its monopoly-averse vulnerabilities.  Like project
Northwood.

B+
HALinNY