Hi Hal !

   If you don't want to go the dot-matrix route, with
continuous forms, there are a couple of alternatives :

  1. If you need different coloured paper for the copies, you
can get plain NCR paper in pre-collated sets, in reverse order
 - then just print the 2 copies (or 3, if triplicate).

   Two issues - feeding NCR paper can be difficult on some
lasers.... and - if you have a mis-feed, you must toss the
other sheets as well, to get back in sequence.

  2. If you can have all copies the same colour - possibly
by printing designations ("Customer Copy"), you can just
use "self-contained NCR paper" - when you write on it, it
will copy, as both chemicals are in one sheet. No need to
collate in order.

   One issue - the paper stays active, so any writing or
hard pressure will also mark it.

   As to how to fasten the copies - a staple, or perhaps
one of those gadgets that crimps the sheets together ...
like a stapler, but without staples.

--
                                       ......bobp
                             http://www.prosumers.ca

  -------------------------------orig.-------------------------
 On Wednesday 20 December 2006 09:56, Hal Kaplan wrote:
> => Subject: RE: Triplicate/duplicate forms need -- how do you handle it?
> =>
> => Hi Hal,
> =>
> => I only use a very simplistic system printing two copies on
> => to a single laser printer.  Both are the same colour and
> => print on to blank sheets however I'm sure it would be
> => possible to have two lasers connected via USB to the same PC
> => each loaded with different coloured paper and use the SET
> => PRINTER TO command to select the appropriate printer.  The
> => only extra expense would be the second printer which is not
> => a lot these days.  The job I worked on needed two copies of
> => an invoice one of which was packed with the goods as soon as
> => it was printed so the issue of keeping the forms together
> => didn't arise.
> =>
> => John Weller
>
> Thank you for the response, John.  My applications create work orders in
advance of an event, so the issue of keeping the set intact is critical.
Also the forms are almost always written on at the time of service and that
writing must appear on all copies.  Quite a different scenario than yours.
Can we switch? <g>