About 2 weeks ago I installed Vista Ultimate and Office Ultimate 2007. I
have a MSDN subscription (Volume license) - used to be MSDN Universal. The
bulk of my development is in Visual Foxpro (5,6,8 and 9).

I'm intrigued by the new graphic interface. There are a few new nuances in
getting used to the way Vista operates, but you get used to it quickly.
There are new 'gadgets' - icons that on the right side of my screen such as
a clock and notepad. The weather network is supposed to introduce a 'weather
gadget' in the new year to keep you up to date about local weather.

When you add, modify or upgrade any programs, a pop up prompts you if you
want to continue (usually yes). If you do not have rights (i.e. not an
administrator) some programs will not let you proceed and it tells you to
get an administrator to do it. Internet Explorer is IE 7 with tabs. I still
prefer Firefox but have not loaded it into Vista.

The first time I installed Vista, it saw 5 of the 6 computers on my network.
It didn't see my Windows 2000 Professional box, but it may have been because
the patch cable was bad. After I rebooted Vista the next day, it didn't see
any of the computers on the network. Nor did the other computers see the
Vista computer.

Office uses a ribbon menu instead of the pull down menus of earlier versions
of Office. I like the new automatic graphics in Excel, but have not had a
chance to really test it out.

I have not installed any other programs on the Vista box and have only spent
about 5 hours on the install and my first looks. Unfortunately I had to get
back to doing work for my clients and Christmas shopping and New Year's
preparation.

I'm sure I'll have further comments in the New Year.

Happy New Year and success and prosperity to all.