Probably the biggest difference between VMWare Server and Workstation is
that you can have Server automatically startup virtual sessions when
your host machine boots up.  There are some other little differences
between WS and Server, but for most people not anything to worry about.

BTW you don't need two machines to run server.

Regards
Rodney