On 1/3/07, Lew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I realize that MS isn't on everyone's best loved publisher list, but $49/yr
> for 3 computers seems like a good deal.

$49/year buys you what? According to this page [1], you get:

- Protection Plus, anti-spyware, anti-virus, anti-phishing, a 2-way firewall
- Performance Plus: defrag, archive unused files, automated patches
- Backup and Restore
- 24/7 Support

I suppose this gives you an all-in-one solution, trading convenience
by saving you the effort at picking best-of-breed tools and then
installing, maintaining and configuring them. For some of my clients
who have little or no IT support, this might be a good idea. This
might work pretty well for Aunt Tilly. How does it stack up against
other suites, like Norton or Symantec?

[1] http://www.windowsonecare.com/prodinfo/default.aspx
--
Ted Roche