Rick Schummer <> wrote:
>>> Ok, what is slow?  The time to start it up, or the time to change
>>> db's or servers and have all
> those objects in the IDE?<<
>
> Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.  (attempting my best to not sound sarcastic, but
> it is all slow)
>
> I want to reiterate, I am referring to the SQL Express version, not
> the regular version. I have no idea if they are the same or different
> code bases and have not used the one that comes with the standard,
> developer, or enterprise edition of SQL Server 2005. My experience is
> on one machine that is a couple of years old with *only* 512MB RAM. I
> have seen it demoed by presenters and it appeared slow on their
> machines as well. Hopefully it is addressed in the service packs.

Ok.  I'll say the RAM volume is your problem that can be overcome.

I don't have SQL Express installed, just SQL 2005 Developer.  I'm waiting on
getting the Data Buddy or the team Foundation version of SS2005 for this new
project I'm on.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

4:12 PM