=> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chet Gardiner

=> Hmmm, are lives at risk from bad BUSINESS programming
=> "practices"?  I can see where lives could be at risk from
=> programmers who write process control programs for nucular
=> power plants or automobiles.  Interesting question, eh?
=>
=> C

Hey, if Big Jim Collisimo had computers when he was running his business, we
may never have heard of Al Capone <g>.

Seriously, every once in a while we hear how someone on Social Security or
Medicare stops getting their benefits because they "died."  If you are on a
fixed income and your checkie does not show up, that could be pretty close to
life-threatening.  Or if the electricity to your iron lung is shut off for
alleged failure to pay the bill.

As a retiree, you should start becoming a lot more interested in these kinds of
scenarios, Pops.  <GGGG>

B+
HALinNY

P.S. And M$ is not evil, it's just drawn badly <s>