Gravity is the glue that holds the universe together.  It guides the
stars, planets, comets, and all the masses with greater precision than
the finest watch ever made.  Gravity is one of the basic forces of the
universe, and exists in a pure energy state; although, I think it is
possible that matter can be created from gravity by the process of
transference of energy into mass.  Matter, (e.g. bound energy), has
mass, but energy has zero mass.

I also think it is possible that matter can be converted back into
energy through a process of transference, in which case the mass of the
object would be reduced equal to the amount transferred into energy.

I think to understand the universe, and gravity, requires a greater
understanding of the atom, and how gravity interacts with the atoms of
the periodic table which join to form molecules of matter.  To
understand gravity may even require a better understanding of the
sub-atomic world.  I think gravity is an attractive force, and much like
the atoms which holds together even when electrons and protons are
orbiting around the nucleus at the speed of light; so the universe holds
together.

I think the universe could be though of as a kind of large scale version
of the atomic and molecular worlds, where atoms in the periodic table
join together to form molecules like hydrogen, oxygen silver, gold,
uranium, etc.  Many molecules will join together without any help from
mankind, and the structure of the bound molecules hold a horrifyingly
amount of energy.  It is almost impossible to destroy an atom, (eg
Collapse an atom, but it can be done using cold temperature physics),
and we all know what happens when the delicate balance of the uranium
molecule is disturbed by splitting one of its atoms.  The whole mass
instantaneous fly apart with a terrible explosion.

Gravity has a constant force which can be used in any equation.  The
gravitational force can be computed by applying the constant to the
relation of the distance between the two bodies and the mass of the two
bodies to solve the equation.

Newton found the constant G force, but he though that the effect of
gravity was instantaneous.  Later scientist discovered that gravity, as
a force of energy, was limited to the speed of light.  Therefore, the
effect of gravity is not instantaneous.  For example, the gravitation
relationship between the Sun and earth are delayed by eight second due
to the distance between the two bodies and the speed limits of energy
(eq constant speed of light).  The G force diminishes greatly (eg
exponentially) as the distance between two bodies increases.  Therefore,
bodies that are far apart have little gravitational effect on each other.

The universe, like the atom and molecules, may be balanced, so that if
something on one side of the universe flips one way, there would be a
corresponding opposite flip in the other side of the universe, which
would happen instantaneously, regardless of distance and the speed limit
of energy.

Regards,

LelandJ