> I've been meaning to take this one for a spin, see if I could get it
> configured.
>
> http://oscommerce.com/

I found ZenCart to be more robust in features than OS Commerce:

http://www.zencart.com/

Both products looked decent, but I found I was wasting a lot of time
trying to make it work more simply-- particularly trying to create a
very simple GUI for my needs without all the wiz-bang doo-dads that
they have by default for the user.

I ended up discarding canned solutions and mostly re-wrote my existing
system. The motivating factor for changing my shopping cart in the
first place was to add coupon codes for a promotion I wanted to run,
so I added that when rebuilding it from the ground up(copying and
pasting most of the HTML), made product attributes dynamic, supported
'skins' or styles(I had to be able to use it for different websites
and maintain a look and feel for each), and added a mechanism to
specify auto-fulfillment URL per item(used for electronic delivery of
software keys).

Overall, I probably spent 5 hours of designing/coding time to get my
shopping cart(all ASP and Javascript) to support my needs, starting
from scratch except for some basic form HTML and Javascript
validation...

--
Derek