At 07:47 PM 1/25/2007 -0300, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
> > You are a Christian based on what is in your heart. If you go to a
> > Christian Church every Sunday, donate a lot to charity, help the poor, and
> > offer kindness to strangers, by all outward appearances you are a
> > Christian. However, if while you're doing all that, you are bitter in your

>Fair enough, there is a buddhist saying that a rose will give you its
>perfume without meaning to be good. I like to interpret it as that it is
>it's nature, that if you are 'good' then you'll have no choice but to do
>'good' (and vice versa).
>Now, according to your beliefs, does a 'christian' have to believe in
>exactly the same god you do, in exactly the same manner (e.g. let's say
>you don't believe in angels and he does. Or he believes in everything
>except that Mary was a virgin)? What latitude does he have? If he
>accepts god in his heart and he accepts god in his heart and 'knows that
>the grace of god alone is what can save him', is he a christian?

Well, based on past messages I apparently haven't been able to communicate
my points very well. But I'll give it a try...

I think the key core of being a Christian is realizing that you can't save
yourself, believing God came to Earth as Jesus Christ, believing He died on
the cross for our sins, believing He rose from the dead, and believing you
can ask Him into your heart to accept God's gift of salvation.

I think that's the key things. I think the other beliefs come as a person
grows in maturity as a Christian. That doesn't mean they'll necessarily
agree on all things with me; as I've said before, I may have incorrect
interpretations. But, so far, what I've been posting is where I am in my
faith now.

-Charlie