Sorry to hear about your pain, I hope you recover fully, and quickly.

I can't give you any actual usage based feedback, but the last time I
looked seriously into purchasing one of these programs (including
Dragon), the feedback Google brought up was all negative.  The consensus
was "it ain't there yet."  YMMV.