When I lived in San Bernardino (north end, of course) I used to run 10k in
Loma Linda, part of the "Loma Linda Lopers" running club.  Awesome running
through the orange grove lined streets (likely all gone now, that was back
in 1982 - 1986 when I was running).  What part of SoCal are you in?  I still
have the house in San Bden, renting it out.  Bought it in 1979.  You do the
math$$ <g>...

Gil