From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Derek Kalweit
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 5:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Buffer overrins & stuff

>        No, it isn't a native VFP error. VFP is written in MS c++ so
> the undelying libraries have MS c++ error messages. When a pointer
> references a memory location outside of the space allocated for vfp,
> c++ generates this error. It's a boiler plate message; it never
> changes and it never gives any additional information.

Yes-- I'm primarily making sure it's created by the VFP process and not
something you're observing through a c++ debugger you've attached to the
process or anything.

>        No flls or api calls in the app.

You are using API calls in Ed's setmemory.prg. What O/S are you running
under? interpretted and/or compiled?

Have you commented Ed's setmemory.prg to see if that's causing the
issue? I'm curious, considering you're bringing it up-- unless it's the
cause, it shouldn't matter-- a buffer over-run is an error in code and
shouldn't be related to available memory whatsoever.

Have you been able to narrow it down to any part of your code? I've had
many VFP functions with known buffer overrun problems, such as
TEXTMERGE() in VFP7. There was a work-around then that you can pass the
string with a chr(0) at the end(effectively zero-terminating the
c++ buffer properly). I wrote simple Z() and NZ() functions for this
purpose-- adding and removing the trailing nulls..

--
Derek